How to Join 1st Subiaco?
Our program is open to all boys, girls and young adults aged between 8 and 25 years of age. We offer Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers and welcome all applications.
You don’t have to live in the Subiaco area, and you can apply to join at any time during the year dependent on availability of spaces within the relevant unit.
To submit an expression of interest or to find out more information, please complete the form below
Waiting List and Joining Policy
Due to the quality of leadership and popularity of the programs at 1st Subiaco Scout Group, we may, at times, need to operate a waiting list for the Cub and Scout Units.
This is the formal policy on the waiting list:
- The waiting list is reviewed at the commencement of each school term.
- Our current 1st Subiaco policy on priorities for entry is:
- Children of leaders.
- Younger sections moving to older sections ie. Cubs moving up to Scouts.
- Siblings of current members.
- New members with parents willing to contribute to the Subiaco Scout community.
- Time spent on the waiting list.
Cost of Joining
There is no cost to submit an expression of interest to join.
We allow prospective members to trial for a few weeks prior to joining although they may not be able to attend camps or certain activities for insurance purposes until membership is completed.
Once your application to join 1st Subiaco Scout Group has been approved, there are two separate payments that need to be made:
- Subiaco Group Annual Membership fee – due in January each year (adjusted for members starting during the year). This contributes to the activity materials, equipment, hall costs and the general administrative cost of running the Subiaco Scout Group
- Scouts WA Branch Annual Membership Fees – due on the anniversary of the member joining. Invoiced by and paid directly to Scouts WA, this includes personal and public liability insurance cover for the Scout, membership to Scouts Australia and Branch resources.
Discounted fee rates are offered for siblings.
Additional Activity Costs
Activities such as camps, hikes, jamborees, day trips and some other activities will incur additional costs which will be advised prior to the activity taking place. Unless alternative arrangements are put in place, these must be paid for before the activity.
All members are required to have a formal uniform and the Subiaco activity shirt relevant for the unit. Formal uniforms can be purchased from the Scouts WA Store whilst the Subiaco activity shirt is purchased directly from the Subiaco Scout Group.
To submit an expression of interest, either write to us at the address on our contact page, or fill out the following form and we will get back to you.